Looking for some common interview questions for teachers? The following article gives some ideas about what questions can be asked when one is attending the interview for a teacher's job.
Are you going to attend a job interview in the near future, for the post of a high school teacher or a kindergarten teacher? If yes, then keep in mind that to succeed in the interview, it is very necessary that you are well acquainted with some common interview questions for teachers. People work hard to make their resume interesting so that it stands apart from the crowd. However, to crack the interview, besides satisfying the basic requirements to become a teacher, you need to be aware of some questions that are frequently asked by an interviewer. This will give you ample time to find appropriate answers to these questions. This preparation in advance will boost your confidence and increase your chances of getting that job. Keep in mind that just knowing how to become a school teacher isn't enough to ensure a teaching job. How you interact in the interview session is also a crucial factor.
Common Interview Questions for Teachers
Practically speaking, the list of common interview questions for teachers is vast. Basically these questions test the confidence level and the communication skills of the interviewee. Here are some important interview questions:
1. Why did you decide to be a teacher?
2. What do you think is the best way to discipline students?
3. Which methods would you adopt to assess a student's IQ?
4. How to make teaching more effective?
5. What motivation techniques would you adopt for a child who is less inclined towards studies?
6. How do you handle notorious students?
7. Some concepts are difficult to understand. In such cases, what strategy will you use to explain the concept?
8. Which is one book that has made a deep impact on your mind?
9. What do you think about new innovative teaching strategies that involve use of PowerPoint presentation?
10. Do you face any difficulty in managing a classroom?
11. Although it won't be possible to give personal attention to each and every student, what is the best possible way to cater to different needs of students?
12. As each and every student posses different learning skills, how will you identify their weakness and strengths?
13. As a teacher what problems you faced when interacting with students?
14. Although, you have taught at all grade levels, how comfortable you are in teaching the 9th grade students?
15. Why should we hire you as a teacher?
16. How can you contribute for the progress of our school?
17. Sometimes children may show lack of interest in studying. In such cases, how would you motivate them to learn?
18. Which is one topic that you have enjoyed teaching the most?
19. How would you convince students the importance of discipline?
20. How would you modify your teaching style that works best for each and every student and ensure a better classroom discipline?
Most Common Interview Questions for Teachers
These questions are asked to know the background of the interviewee. Usually, these questions are targeted to extract personal information of the person who is being interviewed. Some of these questions are listed below:
1. Can you tell us something about yourself?
2. Can you give a brief idea about your teaching experience?
3. What is your teaching style?
4. What are the important attributes of any high school teacher?
5. Apart from teaching what are your hobbies?
6. Will you consider yourself a successful teacher?
7. What is idea about an ideal student?
Remember, the key to crack any interview is to confidently answer the questions to the best of your knowledge. On the whole, these are some of the common interview questions that are thrown at the teachers, answers of which decide whether the candidate is eligible for the teaching post. You could also read information or books on common interview questions for teachers, even if you expecting kindergarten teacher interview questions, to know what is asked in these interview sessions.